Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences’ (UAMS) Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology provides full-spectrum care in women’s health. With the combined efforts of our world-class team of doctors and cutting-edge researchers, we are successfully improving the lives of our patients while training quality physicians for the future.
We have specialists on staff in General Obstetrics & Gynecology, Maternal-Fetal Medicine including Fetal Genetics, Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, Gynecologic Oncology, Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology, and Women’s Mental Health.
How We Stand Out From the Crowd
- UAMS is the only teaching hospital in the Arkansas.
- No other hospital or treatment center in the state can match the credentials of our doctors in gynecologic oncology at UAMS. We have board-certified gynecologic oncologists on staff to serve our patients.
- We have the only board-certified physicians in maternal-fetal medicine in Arkansas. And, the only Arkansas maternal-fetal medicine doctors recognized by the leading independent healthcare ratings organization, HealthGrades®.
- In a comparison of survival rates among infants weighing less than two pounds three ounces, our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) program surpassed 90% survival, which is ahead of national averages.
- When a family cannot be with their infant, we bridge the distance through web–based cameras. Our Angel Eye® program is an online system allowing parents and other authorized family members to view babies in real time via a secure website.
- Our department is leading the way in telemedicine/telehealth through our extraordinary Antenatal and Neonatal Guidelines, Education and Learning System (ANGELS) program, allowing our specialists to virtually see patients in rural areas of our state through real-time, two-way video. This also provides worldwide learning opportunities for our staff.
- We provide a 24/7 call center staffed by triage registered nurses for physician consultation with our maternal-fetal medicine specialists and to arrange patient transport, as well as women seeking support for concerns related to their pregnancy, labor and delivery, or postpartum care.